Does cryolipolysis fat reduction really work? Get the facts now!
How does it work?
Cryoplioreduction involves applying controlled cold temperatures to fatty tissue for a specified time. Clinical studies have shown that subjecting unwanted fat to intense cold produces inflammation of the subcutaneous fatty tissue and increases the basal metabolism, thereby destroying the adipocytes or fat cells.
Phase 1 – Chilling
The applicator is placed over the treatment zone to initiate the cryoliporeduction process, which suctions the fatty tissue up into the cavity of the handpiece while applying intense cold temperatures ranging between 5°C to as low as -10°C.
Phase 2 – Instant response
The ultra cold temperatures cause the adipose cells (fatty tissue) of the treatment zone to react, inducing apoptosis (destruction of the fat cells). Surrounding healthy tissue remains unharmed.
Phase 3 – Natural elimination
The chilled fat cells then begin to remove themselves from the body through the body’s natural filtration system, with noticeable effects beginning to take place in as little as 15 days after the treatment.
Phase 4 – Completion of cycle
Between 8-12 weeks after the treatment, the Criocuum treatment takes full effect — resulting in removal of the treated fatty tissue to deliver a slimmer, more contoured body shape and improved skin laxity.
For best results, three treatments are recommended for each treatment zone, with sessions spaced at 6-8 weeks apart.
Cryolipolysis (fat freezing) is a scientifically proven method for reducing fatty tissue deposits of the body without surgery, post-procedure downtime or anesthesia. Clinical studies have shown that:
- Cryolipolysis reduces treated subcutaneous fat by 45% after just one treatment, producing a 73% patient satisfaction rate that is higher than any other non-surgical fat reduction treatment out there on the market.
- There is no evidence to suggest that fat treated with Cryolipolysis can regenerate (i.e. — once it is gone, it is gone for good).
- Cryolipolysis has also been found to be safe and effective for all skin types, producing no major adverse side effects. This is a highly positive benefit to communicate to clients who are seeking help with unwanted fat, but are concerned about associated risks.
- Cryolipolysis treatment achieves the best results when treating unwanted fat on the abdomen, back and flanks.
- In one study, 82% of participants said they would recommend Cryolipolysis treatment to a friend.
These overwhelmingly positive results are reflective of the increased demand for non-surgical body enhancement, while invasive procedures such as liposuction are on the decline. In fact, in the US, cosmetic surgical procedures have declined 16% since 2000, while minimally and non-invasive treatments have surged exponentially by 137%.
Source: Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction, Dove Medical Press 2014.