Let’s face it. If you’re welcoming 2020 with the same old promotions and marketing strategies, you’re going to get the same result! If your salon needs a marketing glow up, then it’s time to make these 6 easy-to-implement marketing promises to yourself and your business.
I promise to take advantage of social media apps
Thanks to the plethora of social media tools available, the “I don’t have time for social media” excuse is o.v.e.r!
- Schedule your social media posts using apps such as Planoly or Facebook Business Manager. This means that all your fabulous posts for the week are shared with your followers on the time/day you’ve allocated, and you don’t need to lift a finger! The best bit? They’re FREE!
- Take your promotional artwork to the next level using Canva, an easy, drag-and-drop platform that allows you to build everything from social media posts to brochures
- Add animations to your Instagram Stories using video apps such as Impresso. Remember, consumers are inundated with stories – we have to surprise and delight to stand out!
- Is #worklifebalance part of your New Year’s Resolution? Separate your personal and business Facebook accounts by downloading the Pages App
I promise to maximise before and after photos
Are you currently collecting before and after results? Not only are they an incredibly impactful way to show your clients their treatment journey but they’re a powerful marketing tool too!
When considering a new treatment, clients want as much assurance as they can get to feel that their time, money and commitment into this investment is worth it.
Once you have a Before & After process set up, it simply becomes a step which you integrate smoothly into the daily processes and operations of your business. And before you know it, you will start to build a library of Before & After treatment images that become powerful and advertising that you can use across your website, social media pages, advertisements and brochures!
I promise to start filming!
Whether you like it or not, nowadays your online visibility plays a major role in the overall success of your business and determines how well you will stand out from competitors.
Get serious about your social media accounts and focus on delivering 70% value-driven and informative content, and just 30% on sales pitches.
Value-driven content includes “how-to” videos, before and after results, behind the scenes sneak peeks, skin care tips and product reviews.
Remember, getting in front of the camera doesn’t require a production crew! Videos that can make a real impact to your online engagement include:
- A simple 1-minute video of a treatment being performed
- 15 second Instagram stories about promotions, your team, favourite products or treatment being performed
- A Q&A video answering some of your most frequently asked questions
- “Takeovers” where clients can see your business from different perspectives and get to know your team!
I promise to engage with my community
You can reach new client demographics by partnering with businesses in your local area that can refer to your particular service.
Engage with your local community as a way to not only boost brand awareness but work alongside organisations that align with your brand values.
For example, consider booking a booth at a local bridal expo to showcase the services you can offer brides-to-be. Getting a bride on a skin health plan 6 months before their wedding ensures they’re looking flawless on their day but also works towards building a lifetime client.
If you’re a new business, inviting local business owners to an exclusive VIP welcome event is a fantastic way to network with your local community and boost word-of-mouth marketing.
Take the time to build strong relationships with your local community – you never know who you’ll meet that can benefit your business!
I promise to cultivate more online reviews
If you type “beauty salons near me” into Google right now, would your business come up?
If not, you need to jump onto Google My Business today, build your business a profile and stop missing out on valuable bookings. You’ll need your business name, address, opening hours and some pictures to entice customers.
Another benefit of building a Google Business profile is the ability to cultivate valuable online reviews. Ask all of your top clients to leave a glowing review on your Google profile. As customers can order businesses by top-rated, the more reviews you have, the higher in rankings you’re going to appear!
I promise to create unforgettable experiences
What do your clients experience when they walk through your doors? Is it a relaxing, serene environment? A place for luxury? Clinical results?
Use your point of difference as a starting point for a Signature Facial experience and what you want your clients to feel when they have it.
Partner a signature facial with exceptional customer service and your business has a competitive edge and memorable experience that your competition can’t compete with.