Are you ready for Father’s Day?
If you’re not yet catering to the male grooming market then you’re missing out on a BIG opportunity! As early back as 2012 studies were showing that men are increasingly turning to non-surgical aesthetic treatments to tend to their skin, hair and body concerns. Today’s modern men feel just as much pressure as women to look good, stay healthy and keep signs of ageing at bay.
So what are the top aesthetic services men are currently seeking?
- Anti-ageing treatments for wrinkles and fine lines
- Laser and IPL permanent hair removal
- Skin rejuvenation for sun damage, acne, scarring etc.
Chances are your salon, spa or clinic is already offering one or more of the above treatments, so why not start boosting your male customer base today with a special Father’s Day promotion? Here’s how.
Target dad’s loved ones on social media
As it’s typically children and partners doing the Father’s Day gift buying, this is who you need to be speaking to on your social media channels. Bring it to their attention that Father’s Day is just around the corner and that you are here to help with gift ideas designed to make look good and feel great. Get them interested with thought-provoking questions like:
- “Does your hard-working dad need a little pampering this Father’s Day?”
- “Is dad sick of unwanted back or chest hair? Give him the gift of hair-free skin for life!”
- “Is dad tired and stressed out? Help him look and feel 10 years younger this Father’s Day!”
- “Modern dads don’t want another pair of socks for Father’s Day. Show your dad he deserves to look good and feel great with one of our fantastic Father’s Day gift ideas.”
Devise your Father’s Day treatment packages
Now that you have their attention, you need to follow this up with your enticing offers. You want the buyer to feel they are getting a great value offer while also investing in a meaningful gift for dad. Here’s some Father’s Day treatment package ideas:
- “Book 5 laser hair removal treatments for dad and he gets the 6th treatment free!”
- “Buy an IPL hair removal gift package for dad and he receives a bonus LED/IPL/Hydrodermabrasion skin rejuvenation treatment on us!”
- “Give dad the gift of younger, smoother, healthier skin with our Father’s Day Anti-ageing pampering package”
- “Our last minute Father’s Day gift vouchers let dads choose how they want to look good and feel great with our range of popular male grooming treatments!”
Encourage dad to come back
It’s great that you’ve now got the guys coming through the door to use their Father’s Day gift packages and vouchers, but don’t let it slip by as a one-off – the aim should be to build a relationship and turn a single gift booking into a loyal customer. You can do this by offering dads an incentive to return with a little bonus offer when they visit.
For example, if they’ve come in for a course of laser hair removal treatments, give them a card or voucher offering them a great deal on another male-geared service. For example:
- “Visit us again by [insert date] and receive 50% off a treatment of your choice!”
- “Buy 1 advanced skin renewal treatment by [insert date] and get a second treatment free!”
- “Say goodbye to wrinkles for less. Book 3 anti-ageing LED treatments by [insert date] and receive your 4th treatment absolutely free!”
Get together Father’s Day skincare packs
Bundle together Father’s Day skincare packs or “male grooming kits” from your retail range and have them presented front and centre on your counter with clear signage, an enticing price point and a catchy tagline. This is an easy way to upsell at the end of a booking by targeting customers who don’t know what to get for Father’s Day or have left gift buying to the last minute. Just be sure that the gift packaging colours and tones you use are appropriate for male taste.
Run a Facebook competition
In the lead up to Father’s Day, why not run a Facebook competition? Make it light-hearted by getting entrants to share their funniest or most embarrassing “dad” moment or dad joke. The winner receives a Father’s Day gift voucher or male pampering package to give to their dad or partner.